It’s the holiday season and everyone is preparing to celebrate with their family, friends and employees. Please be very careful! Holiday parties can be very dangerous when alcohol is served, particularly if some of your employees or guests are under the legal drinking age of 21.
Some preventative measures to implement are:
- DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, SERVE ALCOHOL TO AN EMPLOYEE OR GUEST UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE.
- Inform all guests, employees, and bartenders that underage drinking will not be tolerated.
- Post signs in break rooms, use emails, or note on invitations that “No Underage Drinking Will Be Allowed.”
- Offer a taxi service (have cash available at parties for taxis) or a volunteer Designated Driver Program for employees and guests.
- Review your insurance policy to make sure that liquor liability is covered for your company or you personally.
- If you offer a cash bar for alcohol, make certain the provider of the alcohol has a liquor liability policy.
Times have changed and we must as well. All of us at KeenanSuggs Insurance wish you a safe and happy holiday season! Please call us (803-799-5533) or visit our website (www.keenansuggs.com) with any questions..